Catalyst Fire Marshal Information Page:
In the aftermath of the Grenfell incident in 2017, and following advice from the LFB Catalyst Housing Group have implemented Fire Marshals in 6 of their Residential high-rise buildings. These are primarily in North West London, with one in Reading (list of sites below, including details of any site-specific information).
This page contains useful information about the sites, your role as Fire Marshals and various registration links:
- Fire Marshal Registration: http://bit.ly/FMreg2019
- Ideal number shifts: http://bit.ly/FMworkamt
- Polo Order: http://bit.ly/FMpolos
List of Sites:
- Dan Court, Lakeside Drive, NW10 7FX – Park Royal
- Merle Court, Carlton Vale, NW6 5HH – Kilburn
- Carpark accessed via Granville Rd, NW6 5RA – key safe code for fob:9109
- fire plan – Merle
- Kingsgate House, Kings Road, SW10 0AF – Chelsea
- Aces Court, North Drive, TW3 1AH – Hounslow
- Chaplin House (and Lowry House), All Saints Road, W3 8BP – South Acton
- Mayer House, Chatham Place, Reading, RG1 7AN – Central Reading
- Potters Court, Robin Place, Greater Leys, Oxford, OX4 7FF – Oxford
- Sleeping watch during the night, 1 Person.
- fire plan – Potters Court
Summary of Duties:
- Initiate and co-ordinate an evacuation in the event of a Flat fire, Dialing 999 to confirm the Fire situation and liaising with the local F&RS on arrival.
- Patrol the block on a regular basis to ensure appropriate fire protection measures (Doors kept closed, escapes kept clear etc) are functioning as expected
- Record patrols (currently done every 30-60 minutes dependent on the site) and report issues via iAuditor.
- Provide advice to residents where requested, and providing a visible presence without being too intrusive.
- Carry out monthly evacuation drills (on the 1st of each month) as per each site’s Fire Plan (see above).
- Delivering letters to residents and carrying out other safety checks as required.
Availability, Rotas and Invoicing
Rotas are managed on a fortnightly basis. Here is a link to the availability poll. This will be updated on a regular basis and be closed while we prepare draft rotas.
Invoicing is done on a calendar month basis. These should be submitted to [email protected] as soon as possible after you last shift in a given month. Please do not include shifts from the following month. Here is a Team Invoice Template if needed. Feel free to use your own.
PLEASE NOTE: It is important that as a contractor you are not employed by TEAM Safety Services Ltd and it is your responsibility to manage your own Tax and NI. TEAM Safety Services Ltd takes no responsibility in how Fire Marshals manage their finances.