London Fire Brigade believes that following a few simple steps can ensure you have a suitable and sufficient risk assessment and that people will be protected from fire.
If you are an employer or occupy or have some managerial responsibility over any non-domestic premises, then you are legally obliged – as per the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005– to conduct a fire-risk assessment.
Even if you appoint an external fire risk assessor you, as the responsible person, can be held accountable if mistakes are made. Although you are not expected to be an expert in fire safety, you should make reasonable checks to ensure the external fire risk assessor is adequately qualified and experienced.
It is recommended you follow these steps:
- Ensure they are on a professional register and that they meet the competency criteria established by the Fire Risk Assessment Competency Council.
TEAM Safety Services Fire Risk Assessors are on the IFE Fire Risk Assessors Register.
- Check that they have experience of undertaking fire-risk assessments for your kind of business and premises.
With many years’ experience in fire risk management TEAM Safety Services have assessed many different premises in different industry sectors.
- Request references from previous clients in premises of your type.
Always available on request.
- Ensure that the scope of the work you want carried out is agreed on.
A full scope of works will be provided and agreed before any FRA takes place.
- Ensure that you provide the assessor with access to all areas and information.
TEAM Safety Services will provide you with the required information so you know exactly what we need from you.
- Obtain alternative comparable quotes
Quotes available free of charge, enabling you to compare our prices.
- Ask for proof that they have sufficient insurances
TEAM Safety Services are insured by Hiscox, our policy’s include:
Employers Liability Insurance
Public Liability Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Keep records of the steps you took in selecting your fire risk assessor.
TEAM Safety Services provide continuous support to businesses. We can help you implement the required actions from the FRA and support you in managing your business risks.
For more information on our Fire Risk Management Services including Fire Risk Assessment, contact us
Office : 0800 0283668
General Enquiries : [email protected]